Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Sniff or a Snack?

Eph. 1:18-21
Power unleashed results in something being impacted. Power can be used to destroy or to break through and set free. Rarely are we ever face to face with true power.

Our church was blessed to have an animal trainer bring a lion for a special event we were hosting of Narnia. Of course the Lion would be presented at the time of Aslan's appearance.
I was privileged enough to get to be behind the scenes when they allowed the lion to stretch and get out of his cage. I was soooo excited! We were to stand back, be quiet and still. They would let this mature male, several hundred pound lion out of the cage, and there would be a wire tied to cans that would make a perimeter to keep the lion inside a certain area. I was in! I just wanted to be out there, face to face with this lion...how cool.

As I was standing there, and the lion was loose...he paused, he looked straight at me and stared for several minutes (probably just a second!). Of course, the reality hit...there is a wire standing between me and this lion. A lion who likes meat, which I could amply supply! :)

I was face to face with power...power that I couldn't control, that I couldn't manage, or stop, or out weigh, or out do... I was at the mercy of this powerful beast to stay restrained.

God's power is expressed in our passage today, it is power that was released in the face of Satan as he attempted to control the uncontrollable, stop the unstoppable, manage the unmanageable, and defeat the undefeated! This power is available to those who believe in Jesus Christ!

Powerful Almighty God,
How mighty are you, unstoppable...how privileged I am to have the result of your power at work through Christ to free me and to redeem my life from the pit. How amazing it is to have your power alive in me through the presence of the Holy Spirit! Lord, be at work in me...may I expect more, believe more, trust more, and not allow the enemy to lie to me that he could have any power to defeat those that are in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Amen! And Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to know about prayer?