Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bella's Unbridled Devotion

Romans 12:10-13
Bella is our pit bull greyhound mix female member of the family. When the garage door opens, she goes right to the hall door that leads to the garage, sets herself in her stance of expectancy and waits. If it takes too long for my husband to get in the house, the whining begins...whimpering, begging with great fervency, passion, and persistence. She prefers my husband over me any day of the week! He walks her, runs her, wrestles with her, feeds her, and I tell her to sit. He brings out the best in her, and takes her to run wild in the fields so that the greyhound in her can soar. I tell her to sit. She is fervent in her spirit, Richard walks in the room or the backyard and she becomes a wild child. She rejoices with howls of praise as her master approaches.

It is funny, but when I read the passage in Romans, I thought of Bella. Paul is calling us to devotion to one another, putting one another ahead of ourself, be diligent, don't lag behind, be fervent spritually and rejoice! I have never seen such sweet, unbridled, passionate devotion as I have seen in our silly dog...and yet, is she silly or a true example of unbridled love! Put that in a human with the Spirit of God inside and we too should become our very best, and soar when our Master enters the room!

Father God,
Fill my spirit with your passion, create a fervency within me to seek you at all times. O God, how I desire to be unleashed, released, and empowered in your presence, to be all that you have created me to be. I don't want to lag behind, but stay right with you, in step with you, wherever you lead. You are my delight, you are my love, and I anticipate the moments when I sense you enter the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to know about prayer?