Sunday, March 7, 2010

Are You Dehydrated?

I don't know why, but I am just not a water drinker. I have to make myself drink water and lately I have been neglecting it. Little did I know that the constant spasm and kink in my neck was affected by my lack of water!

My friend gave me a gift certificate for a massage! Oh yeah! But the therapist stated that I was a "mess"! They wanted to know when my last massage was, how long were my muscles like this, and that it was going to take several treatments to even break through the hardness of my muscles. I, of course, attributed it to stress!

Then he asked me...How much water do you drink? Well, I know the correct answer, and I have to be honest...I didn't want to look ridiculous, so I lied! I know, I had to confess later...I never lie...but today, to save face I fudged and said "1 or 2" glasses of water! I couldn't openly admit that I don't drink water at all!

He continued to explain that the lack of water dehydrates the muscles and all the toxins get locked up inside until they are so hard they are no longer pliable. Yikes...I am now a convert!
I will begin my 8 glass of water a day regiment.

In Psalm 63:1-5, the psalmist cries out that he seeks for God like one seeking for water in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. Do I drink of God? How long has it been since I have sought Him out, earnestly? Have I become filled with the toxins of the world and my flesh and have forgotten to be pliable in His hands?

Oh Lord,
May I never tire of drinking of your presence. May my heart always desire you and drink of you eagerly, consistently, and longingly. I thank you Lord that you are my cleansing stream, my sustenance, and my satisfaction is in You. Lord, protect me from ever neglecting to come to you.
I praise you for your love and grace.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to know about prayer?