Monday, March 15, 2010

Lord's Prayer

Matthew 6:9-14

When Jesus was asked how to pray...this was His model. When I pray the Father's prayer in private, I often use it as a launching pad...May this help you expand your prayer and understanding as we follow Jesus' example:



Our Father in heaven: You are the Father of all...I praise you that you are the Father of those that do not yet know you and you are pursuing them fervently. Thank you that you are my Father and that you have made yourself known to me...I am so grateful.

Hallowed be Your Name: Father there is no one like you. There is no name above the name of Jesus. Your name is precious, holy, and powerful. Thank you that I know you, and your name.


Your Kingdom come, your will be done: Lord, I can't wait to see your kingdom in it's entirety...but in the meantime, I am excited that Your Kingdom purposes can be done here on earth through your people. Lord, make me Kingdom minded, and purposeful about bringing some of your holy, beautiful, powerful kingdom here on earth in each conversation, each choice, and each touch... May your will be burning in my heart that it may be my one pursuit to obey you in all things.

On this earth, as it is in heaven: Father, I thank you that Jesus came to give us a glimpse of how you, the Spirit, and Jesus operate in oneness, as you do in heaven. Thank you for showing us power, truth, compassion, knowledge, and the defeat of evil...I pray that through your people, more and more of your Kingdom will be manifested here on this earth as it is in heaven. May it begin with me.

Give us our daily bread: Lord, you are so amazing in provision. Your storehouse is never empty and some way, some how, you always show up. Thank you for the blessing of being your child, for that privilege brings your provision for all of life. Thank you that all that I need for this day to survive is on the way. And thank you that you often give so many blessings that are just extra touches of love.

Forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors: Thank you for making this a daily prayer...to keep short accounts with each other. Lord there are people that have not forgiven me for things, and I ask that you will soften their heart and help me know how to reach them. Lord, soften my heart toward anyone that I have held a grudge or unforgiveness against. I praise you, Lord that you set the stage of the ultimate forgiveness, can I do any less. Thank you for forgiving my sins as I forgive those that have sinned against me. You are so merciful, grow me in mercy, Oh, Lord.

And lead us not into temptation: Lord, this is the morst revelatory verse...we so often ask you to strengthen us to face temptation, but God, I am weak. I don't stand up to temptation 100% of the time. So, Jesus, thank you for this amazing clue of how to pray for a sinless life! Ask that God not allow me to even be led into the face of temptation at all...no temptation...no sin! Lord, may this apply to my thinking, my attitudes, my actions, my words, all of me.

But deliver me from the evil one: Father, I thank you for the victory that is mine in Christ. I praise you that the devil is defeated. Deliver me from his lies, his deceptions, his trickery, his pull on my flesh, and his seduction. Deliver me from pride which is his foothold. Thank you, Lord, that you are my foothold and you will never let go!

For yours, O God, Is the Kingdom of all Kingdoms, the Power of all Powers, and the Glory of all Glories...and I love you so, Dad!
In Jesus Name,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to know about prayer?