Monday, March 8, 2010

First Things First

Matthew 6:33

What am I looking for? What are we seeking in this life? Are we finding it?


Have you ever noticed that what we seem to be looking for we never find...peace, contentment, purpose. Perhaps we are seeking for them in the wrong place, or seeking to solve the problems we face and then we will have what we long for. If I can just get through this, then... If I can just have this in my life then... If he or she would just ? then...


This was the first verse I ever learned to apply to my life, and through the years I must remind myself of it at times. The world pulls hard, no, really....it pulls hard! If we are not careful we begin to seek in all the wrong places over and over again.


We are called to seek one thing... His kingdom and His righteousness. Condensed this ultimately means, seek Jesus. Don't just seek...but seek first! That is the ultimate clue, seek God first.

The passage moves forward from there with "then"...if we seek God first, "then" "all these things will be added unto you".


God first...He takes care of the longings in our hearts, our deepest desires are truly met when Christ is the one we daily seek.


Sweet Jesus,

How grateful I am for your example of seeking God first. Forgive me for the times that I seek after elusive things. Thank you that you are worthy of my seeking, that you are beyond all I can imagine, you are mighty and powerful. You are kind, good, and gracious. You are love. Why would I go anywhere else? Teach me how to seek you, turn my heart toward you, and protect me from getting off track. Thank you God.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to know about prayer?