Monday, March 1, 2010

Good Plans!

Jeremiah 29:11-13
I still remember when we would receive immunizations as a child. There was one in particular, not sure which, that would leave a really sore muscle in your arm. It would ache for days! As babies, I would take my girls for immunizations and they would run fevers, become crabby, and sleepless...not fun! From a child's perspective these were not good plans!

I wonder how often I look at what is happening in my life and question God's plans? Do I blame Him for things that are actually consequences of my own choices? Do I blame Him for things in the world that are ultimately evil? Do I praise Him when there is blessing and good in my life, or do I forget God when things are going well? Do I trust that He has a good plan for my life and will see it through to completion?

One key I have learned in prayer is to consider God's character when I am praying. God is good, so the good in my life comes from God, as reflected in James 1:17. God is pure, without darkness or evil, longsuffering, patient, kind, merciful and abounding in steadfast love. Keeping these things in mind when I pray, I can come with assuredness, boldness, and yieldedness to His will for I know it is for good, not to harm me. He is just and holy, so I know that evil will not go unnoticed by God. Do I trust in His eternal plan?

The last part of our passage today is my favorite...You will seek Me and find Me and come and pray to Me and you will find Me when you search for Me with all of your heart! To me, that is my greatest motivation to pray...I will find God! He will be revealed to me! That is something to pray about, and His best plan revealed...God in intimate prayer with Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you like to know about prayer?