Thursday, March 4, 2010

Conformed or Transformed

Romans 12:1,2
The transformation of a caterpillar into a butterfly is transformation at it's best. The caterpillar wraps itself in a cocoon and in the process of transformation literally becomes goo! It completely breaks down and its cell structure even completely changes. In this goo are "imaginal discs" which determine the wings, the antennae, etc. They are what begins to form the new creature. Once the transformation is complete we know that the butterfly emerges, no longer a caterpillar but completely new in all ways.

I could get the bright idea to make a caterpillar into a butterfly. I could make paper wings and attach them to the caterpillar body with a rubberband. Perhaps use pipe cleaners for antennae, and little toothpicks for legs. This would be a caterpillar being conformed into looking like a butterfly, but it would not be a butterfly. It could pretend and even believe it is a butterfly, but the true transformation has not happened...it isn't a butterfly.

The passage in Romans speaks to us about true transformation of the mind. We need our mind to truly become the mind of Christ. A mind that knows the truth, believes the truth, and speaks the truth. As our minds our transformed, our actions follow and our lives reflect the Holy thoughts and attitudes that now exist. Our lives become living worship! We actually become Christ-like rather than sticking on the wings the world promises will make us fly...we now soar with Christ and His Spirit within us radiates life through us....and this is worship to God!

Lord,
May my mind be transformed by your Word of truth. Teach me your ways, Lord, that I might know your heart and not sin against you. Lead me in your ways and guide my path that I may honor you in all things. I desire that you reveal to me any ways that I am trying to conform to the world. Set me free from all wrong thinking. Give me the mind of Christ, that my thoughts and attitudes will truly reflect your glory. And Lord, may my life today be a living act of worship unto you.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I know that the Lord so desires to transform His children. It's my constant prayer to live a life of worship to Him. <3 You!

    ReplyDelete

What would you like to know about prayer?