Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Rock of All Rocks!

Psalm 18:1-3
I was recently in Palm Springs at Agua Caliente Indian Reservation. I was hiking with a friend along a stream enjoying the beauty that surrounded us. There was a huge rock that the trail wrapped around. I could barely see the top and never found the end of it! It was beautiful with facets of texture and color. As I was craning my neck to observe it's immense strength and beauty, I turned to my friend and said, "This is the kind of Rock we are talking about when we talk about Jesus! Not one of those piddly rocks from the stream!"

It was impenetrable, immovable, beautiful, and strong. It served as a shelter, a haven, and a fortress. The rock would provide a solid foundation and a point of perspective that would transcend our earthly view. Is this not Jesus?!

In Psalm 18, it refers to God as our Rock, our Fortress, and our Refuge. May you find shelter in Him, strength in Him, and stability in Him.

Lord,
Our confident we are in your ability to stand strong when we are weak, to remain immovable when we are shaken, and to cover us when we feel exposed. You are the Rock of ages, our strong tower, our solid foundation. Thank you for your protection and covering for those who love you. Remind us, O God, to run to you for shelter and nowhere else. Lead us to you, the Rock, that is Higher than ourselves, when we struggle with this life. We so appreciate that you are our safe place.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Okay...that's what I'm talkin about.....how we go out in nature and have amazing God stories....wish I had this one on video too!!

    ReplyDelete

What would you like to know about prayer?